Federal Construction Group, Inc. has been tasked to Paint the North & South Ends of the bare concrete test cell bay walls and repaint all safety wood yellow railing
along perimeter of facility.
Statement of Work
• Phase 1 – CAAA Customer shall download or remove all explosives, racks, shelving, equipment, miscellaneous items away from areas to be painted on the North End of Building 3149.
• Phase 2 – CAAA Customer shall download or remove all explosives, racks, shelving, equipment, miscellaneous items away from areas to be painted on the South End of Building 3149.
NAVFAC Post Award/Awarded Contractor shall provide CAAA customer Vincent Knox allowed time of 10- 12 days to have 1 of the bays ready for the contractors to execute. As much notice prior of this as possible.
• Contractor shall remove all grounding conductors from all applications of this scope of work per North/South Bays and re-attach back to existing locations. If conductors are damaged, then contractor shall replace conductors back to original apparatus and location. Once each bay has been executed of painting/installation
of ground conductors, NAVFAC Government grounding crew will test all conductors prior to sign off.
Bare concrete walls;
• Prime 1-2 coats of a high quality primer suitable for interior concrete walls. Once first coat has dried after a 24 hour period, if concrete is visible then a second coat shall be applied.
• Finish paint using high quality coatings suitable for interior concrete walls. 3 thin layers along all surfaces shall be applied leaving no visible streaks.
• Allow 24 hour drying time of finish paint or coatings; Apply 1-2 coat of high quality clear sealer allowing each coat to dry between coats to adhere finish paints.
• Primer 1 coat of a high quality coating suitable for metal surfaces; 24qty total interior doors & 12 frames both sides. These are located of the test cell rooms inside the North/South Test Cell Bays, 6 rooms total of double doors.
• Finish paint 1 coat of a high quality coating suitable for metal surfaces.
Safety Yellow Rails and Ends of Open Test Cell Walls;
• Prep all existing perimeter safety wood railing hand rail by wiping down as clean as possible and coating using a high quality coatings for wood surfaces to match as close as possible to existing color.
• On the end of each open test cell concrete walls, finish paint after prime coatings have been applied (under bare concrete sow) safety yellow color matching color scheme of safety yellows, 2-3 coats may have to applied to cover prime coat. Clear coat each of these areas when executing clear coating (under bare concrete sow).
• Contractor shall remove/re-attach all existing signage during coatings of walls back to exact locations.