Federal Construction Group, Inc. is to install a petroleum tank. The overall goal for design, construction, and operation is to produce a building that meets the functional program needs and incorporates the principles of sustainability. Specifically:
- Preserve and restore the site ecosystem and biodiversity; avoid site degradation and erosion. Minimize offsite environmental impact.
- Use the minimum amount of energy, water, and materials feasible to meet the design intent. Select energy and water efficient equipment and strategies.
- Use environmentally preferable products and decrease toxicity level of materials used.
- Use renewable energy and material resources.
- Optimize operational performance (through commissioning efforts) in order to ensure energy efficient equipment operates as intended.
Consider the durability, maintainability, and flexibility of building systems.
- Manage construction site and storage of materials to ensure no negative impact on the indoor environmental quality of the building.
- Reduce construction waste through reuse, recycling, and supplier takeback.